Contribute a QCD through your IRA
Did you know?
- If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make a contribution of up to $100,000 annually from your IRA account to support our nation’s wounded warriors and potentially receive a tax benefit.
- A donation transferred directly from your IRA administrator to Wounded Warrior Project is generally not considered taxable income to you, but it does count toward your required minimum distribution. As always, please consult your financial advisor to determine if this type of gift is right for you.
- Complete the IRA Sample Letter and provide it to your IRA administrator.
- We suggest specifically requesting that your name and mailing address be noted directly on the distribution paperwork to be sure that WWP is able to easily and quickly attribute the donation to you.
- Please ask your IRA custodian to identify your gift as a QCD so that we may acknowledge your gift appropriately.