Our Accredited National Service Officers Are Ready to Help You Navigate the VA Benefits Process
Getting help with VA claims and obtaining the benefits you've earned doesn’t have to be complicated. The Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) team of accredited National Service Officers are experts in navigating the Veterans Affairs (VA) claims process, and we are dedicated to helping you get the benefits you’ve earned in a manner that honors your service.
"My Benefits Services representative was by far the best benefits counselor that I’ve had. She was very understanding to my needs and helped me to understand the process along the way."
Petty Officer 2nd Class Ebony T., U.S. Navy
"My Benefits Services representative always went above and beyond, even when she was out sick she would still respond to my messages making sure I understood the next steps that needed to be taken and followed up with me when they were done to explain what was going to happen next."
SFC. Randy H., U.S. Army Ret.
"The experience has helped me a lot. I did not have assistance when I first exited the military so to have someone that can help guide me through the claims process has been very beneficial."
Staff Sgt. Seretha A., U.S. Army
"My Benefits Services representative is a hero. I would have been totally lost without her. She always very easy to maintain contact with and I never felt alone in the process. She made sure that I was in the loop with everything that was going on. She really cared and was able to expertly handle any question or hypothetical I threw at her. It was truly a pleasure having Raquel and the rest of the WWP by my side during this stressful year."
Corporal Kyle S., U.S. Army
"My Benefits Services representative was fantastic throughout the entire process. She helped me fully understand the process, guided me through the appointments, and spent time explaining the VA's decision after it was received. She even caught a claim that was missed by the VA and helped me submit that claim after the decision was made by the VA. Susie was super easy to work with, compassionate, and professional."
Maj. Brian J., USMC Ret.
"My Benefits Services representative was absolutely amazing. She ensured I understood and was aware of everything that was put out from my VA claim. She encouraged me to keep going when I wanted to give on the process."
Sgt. Quiani M., U.S. Army
"Everyone was so helpful and polite. Made the claims process so easy. They mapped it out step by step and made what seemed like a very stressful and complicated process very stress free and simple."
Corporal Christopher V., U.S. Army
Claim Your VA Benefits
Get Started with our Resource Center
Learn More About Your Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
Which VA benefits can I receive help with?
How do I get started with filing my VA disability claim?
Can WWP assist with caregiver benefits, also known as the Program for Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)?
I have already filed my VA disability claim, can WWP still help me?
Can I receive assistance in claiming my VA education benefits?
Learn about WWP Benefits Services
Navigating Through Your VA Benefits
Let us be your advocate through this journey. Here are some useful resources.
News And Articles About Veterans Like You
Get the VA Claim Assistance You Deserve
To get the benefits you’ve earned, connect with one of our accredited teammates today. We have the expertise to help you navigate the process more easily. The WWP Benefits Services team is trained, accredited, and we're ready to give you the VA assistance you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following list includes VA benefits that our Benefits Service team can assist with. This list changes as the needs of warriors evolve. If you need help with a VA claim that isn’t listed, please contact the Resource Center and we’ll see if we can assist you.
- Filing original VA claims
- Increased compensation
- Secondary conditions
- Ancillary benefits entitlements
- VA appeals
- Integrated Disability Evaluation System
- Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (TSGLI)
- Pre-Discharge claims
- Preparation for VA compensation and pension examinations
- Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Presumptive service-connection/Gulf War toxic exposure(s)
- Foreign Medical Program (FMP)/living abroad benefits
- Veterans Readiness & Employment benefits
- Utilizing VA Vet Centers and Veterans Health Administration hospitals/clinics
- Navigating My HealtheVet
- Program for Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)
- Education veteran benefits
- Proposed rating reductions
- PACT Act (Toxic Exposure)
- Death and burial benefits
Contact the WWP Benefits Services team for VA claim assistance. We can help you:
- Determine your eligibility for VA disability compensation benefits
- Gather any evidence (supporting documents) to submit with your VA disability compensation claim, including
- VA medical records, private medical records, and/or service treatment records related to your specific conditions
- Supporting statements from you and other eyewitnesses
- Positive medical opinions (nexus letters) from your treating physician
- Prepare, review, and submit your veteran disability compensation claim with your supporting evidence
- Track your disability compensation claim through completion to ensure you obtain the VA benefits you’ve earned in a manner that honors your service.
Yes, if you are a caregiver to a wounded veteran that served post 9/11, you may be eligible for VA caregiver benefits.
Even if you have filed your claim, our accredited National Service Officers can assist with making sure all illnesses or injuries were claimed and that the VA has rated your disability claim properly. Additionally, you may be able to receive assistance with increased compensation or additional claims and we can help you become more informed about the claims process to ensure you’ve received the benefits you’ve earned in a manner that honors your service.
Yes, we are here to provide educational resources and information to ensure you receive the VA education benefits you’ve earned. We can help with:
- State education benefits
- GI Bill (Chapter 35 and Forever GI Bill)
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- VA Dependents Educational Allowance (DEA) benefits
- FRY Scholarship
- And more
If you are not currently registered with WWP, please visit our registration page for details about who is eligible and how to get started. WWP supports veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound while serving in the military on or after September 11, 2001. You may also be eligible for our programs if you are the family member or caregiver of a wounded warrior
The Wounded Warrior Project Benefits Services team is one of many programs available to help veterans get the assistance they need. We provide veterans with disability compensation claim assistance and can answer your VA disability benefits questions. WWP offers programs for physical and mental wellness, career transition, and support in obtaining VA disability compensation benefits.