Mike Linnington In The News:
- Wounded Warrior Project Asks Congress to Tackle Needs of Wounded Veterans - Mar 8, 2023
- Wounded Warrior Project Survey Shows 6 in 10 Wounded Veterans Are Struggling to Make Ends Meet - Feb 22, 2023
- Wounded Warrior Project Earns U.S. Department of Labor Platinum Medallion Award - Nov 30, 2022
- Wounded Warrior Project to Honor Veterans with Special Show, Parades, and More - Nov 9, 2022
- Wounded Warrior Project Announces Second Round of 2022 Grants to Veterans Service Organization Partners | WWP
- Wounded Warrior Project Says Signing of Honoring Our PACT Act Marks 'A Great Day for Veterans Across America' | WWP
- Wounded Warrior Project Proud to Sponsor 2022 Department of Defense Warrior Games | WWP
- Wounded Warriors Visit White House During Annual Soldier Ride - Jun 23, 2022 (woundedwarriorproject.org)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
LTG (ret) Michael Linnington serves as chief executive officer of Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). He brings 35 years of military experience and leadership to the organization. Linnington oversees day-to-day operations and works with the leadership team to set and implement the organization’s strategic vision. He is responsible for ensuring WWP’s free programs and services continue to have the greatest possible impact on the warriors, caregivers, and families we serve.
Prior to joining WWP, Linnington was the first permanent Director of the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, following a 35-year career as a soldier. Throughout his career in the Army, Linnington served in a variety of command and staff positions, including Brigade Command of the 3rd Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division (in both Iraq and Afghanistan), Commanding General, Military District of Washington/Joint Force Headquarters-National Capital Region, and Military Deputy for the Under Secretary of Personnel and Readiness. He is airborne, air assault, and ranger qualified, and has received numerous awards and decorations consistent with a long career in uniform.
Linnington received his commission from the US Military Academy at West Point (1980) and has a MS in Applied Mathematics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and National Security Strategy from the National War College. He is married with two adult children, and three grandchildren.