Veteran Benefits Services
Helping veterans and their families obtain the benefits they have earned
The Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) Benefits Services team advocates for injured veterans and their family members to obtain their well-earned benefits. Our VA-certified team of representatives provides warriors and family members with the support and qualified help needed to navigate the claims process. They work tirelessly to ensure warriors collect every benefit they have earned. The program helps warriors and their families to understand their options, receive their benefits, and focus on their recoveries.
We will assist you in claiming many types of entitlements, including but not limited to:
- Medical boards
- Caregiver benefits
- Educational benefits
- VA disability benefits
- Pre-discharge claims
- Evidence for claim approvals
- Explanation of benefit options
- Appeals for previously denied/requested benefits
If you are interested in learning more about Benefits Services:
If you are in crisis or concerned about a loved one, please call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1.800.273.8255 and press "1" after you call or text 838255 to Veterans Crisis Line to chat live with a crisis counselor at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Filing original claims
- Increased compensation
- Secondary conditions
- Ancillary benefits entitlements
- Claim appeals
- The Integrated Disability Evaluation System
- Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance
- Benefits delivery at discharge claims
- Preparations for VA examinations
- Concurrent Receipt Disability Pay (CRDP)
- Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Presumptive service connection/Gulf War toxic exposure(s)
- VA Permanent & Total (P&T) designations/ancillary benefits entitlements
- Foreign Medical Program (FMP)
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Utilizing VA Vet Centers and Veterans Health Administrations
- Navigating MyHealthVet
- VHA Caregiver Stipend program
- Forever GI Bill
- Foreign claims for those residing outside the continental U.S. (OCONUS)
Yes. Registered family members are eligible for assistance with claiming their entitlements as well.
Even if you have filed your claim, our certified representatives can assist with making sure all conditions were claimed and that the VA has rated the claim properly. Additionally, you can receive assistance with increased or additional claims and become more informed on the claim’s process.
WWP does not provide direct support with VA loan benefits, but we can answer general questions about the VA loan process.
While we do provide support with claiming education benefits, you may also call the GI Bill number directly for assistance at 1.888.442.4551.
If you are not currently registered with WWP, please visit our registration page for details about who is eligible to register with WWP and how to get started. WWP supports veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound while serving in the military on or after September 11, 2001. You may also be eligible for the program if you are the family member or caregiver of a wounded warrior.
The Benefits Services program is one of a variety of veteran programs and services to help you take the steps that are right for you, including programs for physical and mental wellness, career transition, and support in obtaining disabled veterans benefits from Veterans Affairs (VA).