1) I AM INTERESTED IN A POSTED POSITION HOWEVER, IT HAS BEEN LISTED ON THE WEBSTE FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME - IS IT STILL OPEN?
- As an organization, we are passionate about getting the right people on the bus - positions remain posted on our Cool Careers page until they are filled. Should you have an interest in a listed opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
2) HOW CAN I FIND INFORMATION ABOUT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN MY AREA?
- A full listing of our office locations can be found HERE. Opportunities posted on our Cool Careers site will specify the respective locations in which we are seeking new teammates.
3) HOW DOES THE WWP HIRING PROCESS WORK?
- We have an in-depth, multi-level hiring process that begins with an application via our Cool Careers page. The recruitment team reviews all resumes and forwards those that meet the minimum stated job requirements to the appropriate hiring manager for further review. Once a determination has been made, candidates will be notified whether or not they have been selected for interview (typically within a few weeks of application).
4) HOW DO I KNOW IF MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
- Once you apply via our Cool Careers page, you will receive an automated email response confirming receipt of your application. Within a few weeks of submission, you will either be contacted for interview or receive an update from the HR team notifying you of your status.
5) HOW DO I CHECK ON THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION?
- To check on the status of your application for a position, please log into your WWP Cool Careers profile HERE. Your application will either be noted as “Received Submission” (confirming receipt of your resume/information) or, “Under Review” (indicating that your information is either being reviewed by a recruiter or, has been sent forward to a hiring team). Please note that depending on the volume of applicants for a given position, your profile may be listed as “Under Review” for an extended period of time. However, once a decision has been made, you will receive a notification from the HR team either requesting an interview or, indicating that another group of candidates has been selected.
6) HOW CAN I UPDATE MY RESUME/PROFILE ON COOL CAREERS?
- To update your information, please log into your WWP Cool Careers profile HERE to add, remove, or edit documents.
7) CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ABOUT A POSITION?
- We appreciate your enthusiasm to speak with a teammate about careers with WWP; however, due to the high volume of such requests, we currently do not have the capacity to do so. Please submit your application via our Cool Careers page and a representative from our team will be in touch should an interview be requested.
8) WHAT IS THE SALARY FOR A GIVEN POSITION?
- If you are contacted by the HR team for an interview, this information will be discussed during the initial conversation with your designated recruiter.
9) WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A GIVEN POSITION?
- The minimum requirements for positions are listed at the bottom of each job posting on our Cool Careers page under the “Education & Experience Requirements” section. We encourage you to verify that you meet these requirements before applying.
10) I WANT TO WORK FOR WWP - CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I QUALIFY FOR?
- We are passionate about getting the right people on the bus however; we are not able to provide direct assistance to all. We strongly encourage you to carefully browse through the job postings on our Cool Careers page and apply for any positions for which you meet the minimum listed requirements. If you are (or qualify) for WWP Alumni status, please contact our Warriors to Work team for direct employment assistance.
11) WHO SHOULD I ADDRESS MY COVER LETTER TO?
- Please address your cover letter to the following: “Hiring Manager” or “Recruiter.” Our team will ensure that it is received and reviewed by the appropriate individuals.
12) CAN I WORK REMOTELY?
- Because culture is so important here at WWP, we require our teammates to be physically associated with an office on a consistent basis and therefore, do not offer remote working arrangments. In the very few instances that we are open to such an arrangement, it will be explicitly noted in the job posting.
13) HOW CAN I APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP WITH WWP?
- Wounded Warrior Project does not currently have a formal internship program and is not accepting such requests.
14) I DON'T HAVE MILITARY EXPERIENCE. CAN I STILL WORK AT WWP?
- Absolutely! We have a diverse staff and hire individuals of all backgrounds who are passionate about our mission to honor and empower Wounded Warriors.
15) I AM A REGISTERED WWP ALUM. HOW DO I APPLY?
- We recommend contacting your designated (regional) Warriors to Work Specialist prior to submitting an application. He/she will be able to assist you throughout the application/interview process and can provide valuable guidance to increase your chances for success. To contact them, please click the following link: Warriors to Work.